Introduces the architecture, structure, functions, components, and models of the Internet and computer networks. The principles of IP addressing and fundamentals of Ethernet concepts, media, and operations are introduced to provide a foundation for the curriculum. By the end of the course, students will be able to build simple LANs, perform basic configurations for routers and switches, and implement IP addressing schemes.
Dr. Nuno Marques e Dr. Hugo Veiga
Skills and Competences
- Describe the devices and services used to support communications in data networks and the Internet;
- Describe the role of protocol layers in data networks;
- Describe the importance of addressing and naming schemes at various layers of data networks in IPv4 and IPv6 environments;
- Design, calculate, and apply subnet masks and addresses to fulfill given requirements in IPv4 and IPv6 network;
- Build a simple Ethernet network using routers and switches;
- Use Cisco command-line interface (CLI) commands to perform basic router and switch configurations.
Desde 135 €
De 18/06 a 18/07/2018
Data limite de inscrições:
01 de Junho de 2018