Describes the architecture, components, and operations of routers and switches in a small network. Students learn how to configure a router and a switch for basic functionality. By the end of this course, students will be able to configure and troubleshoot routers and switches and resolve common issues with RIPv1, RIPv2, single-area and multi-area OSPF, virtual LANs, and inter-VLAN routing in both IPv4 and IPv6 networks.
Prof. Doutor Pedro Inácio e Prof. Doutor Nuno Garcia
Skills and Competencies
- Describe enhanced switching technologies such as VLANs, VLAN Trunking Protocol, Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol, and 802.1q;
- Describe basic switching concepts and the operation of Cisco switches;
- Configure and troubleshoot basic operations of a small switched network;
- Configure and troubleshoot basic operations of routers in a small routed network;
- Configure and troubleshoot VLANs and inter-VLAN routing;
- Describe the operations of Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol and Domain Name System for IPv4 and IPv6.
Desde 135 €
De 14/05 a 13/06/2018
Data limite de inscrições:
01 de Maio de 2018