Notice of the Call
Call for PhD studentships
The Center of Mathematics and its Applications of University of Beira Interior opens a Call for granting 2 (two) PhD studentships (BD) complying with the provisions of the FCT Regulation for Research Studentships and Fellowships (RBI) and the Research Fellowship Holder Statute (EBI).
The scholarships will be funded by the Foundation for Science and Technology (FCT) under the Collaboration Protocol for Funding the Multiannual Plan for Research Scholarships for Doctoral Students, signed between FCT and the Center of Mathematics and Applications of University of Beira Interior (CMA-UBI), with reference UIDP/ 00212/2020.
The call is open from August 10th to 12:00 pm (Lisbon time) August 28th 2020. Applications, and all the supporting documents described in the RBI and in this Notice of the Call, must be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
TYPE AND DURATION OF STUDENTSHIPS
The PhD studentships aim to support research activities leading to obtaining the PhD degree of the selected candidates within the scope of the following Doctoral Program:
- PhD Program in Mathematics and Applications, Department of Mathematics, Faculty of Sciences, University of Beira Interior.
The research work will be carried out in the CMA-UBI. The duration of the scholarship is one year, renewable up to a maximum of four years (48 months).
PhD studentships are aimed at applicants that comply with the requirements to enroll in the PhD Program in Mathematics and Applications, at the University of Beira Interior.
ADMISSIBILITY AND APPLICATION
- National citizens or citizens from other member-states of the European Union;
- Third-party states citizens;
- Stateless individuals;
- Citizens holding a political refugee status. To apply for a PhD studentship it is necessary:
- Not to have benefited from a PhD or a PhD in industry studentship directly funded by FCT, regardless of its duration.
It is essential, under penalty of not being admitted, to attach the following documents to the application:
- Identity card / citizen card / passport;
- Candidate’s curriculum vitae;
- Letter of motivation explaining the reasons for her/his application, indicating the research areas of interest, presenting her/his academic/professional academic path and how these are related to the work plan;
Write the application and all documents associated with it, including the letter of motivation, in Portuguese or English. Attach to your application supporting documents of the information referred to in the curriculum vitae.
The work plan will fit in the scope of one of the main research areas of CMA-UBI: Differential Equations; Dynamic Systems; Differential Geometry; Algebra; Probabilities; Statistic. The selected candidates will be supervised by one of the integrated members of CMA-UBI (www.cma.ubi.pt).
AMOUNT OF THE MONTHLY MAINTENANCE ALLOWANCE:
The monthly amount of the grant is 1064€ . The studentship includes additional allowances: the registration fees for the PhD; personal accident insurance related to the research activities. All studentship holders who are not beneficiaries of any social protection regime can use the right to social security through the voluntary social insurance regime, under the terms of the Contributory Scheme of the Social Security System.