“Train the Trainees” is an European project based on a strategic partner in the field of Higher Education, which meets the Sustainable Development Goals, facilitating the entry into the job market for students of nuclear technology and radiation protection, providing them with skills and knowledge that allows them to become good trainers in the future. In Portugal it is being coordinated at UBI, by LabExpoRad based at UBImedical.
The current job market needs qualified engineers, technicians and nuclear officers, who will play an important role in a world in transition. This project aims to develop the students’ academic and personal skills, so that they are prepared for the working world, in the areas of nuclear technology and radiation protection. This skills development will be made through online learning, face-to-face contact, in the laboratory and with simulations, with the different academic partners and partners associated with the research.
- Haute Ecole Bruxelles-Brabant – Belgium (Coordinator)
- Universiteit Hasselt – Belgium
- Czech Technical University in Prague – Czech Republic
- Hochschule Mannheim – Germany
- Universita di Bologna – Italy
- Universidade da Beira Interior – Portugal
- Universitat Politecnica de Valencia – Spain