Vision Sciences Laboratory
Coordinator: Pedro Monteiro (firstname.lastname@example.org)
This laboratory develops and implements the qualitative and quantitative evaluation of vision problems in order to study their impact in ageing and quality of life that lives in the Cova da Beira region.
The main task of the Vision Sciences research group is to focus the research to develop and implement the adequate screening procedures to qualitative and quantitatively evaluate vision problems such as age related macular degeneration (ARMD), diabetes, hypertension, glaucoma, cataracts, and neurodegenerative diseases.
- Detection and monitoring of the vision problems in good time using visual acuity measurements (ETDRS and stenopeic);
- Contrast sensitivity measurements;
- Intraocular pressure;
- Visual fields;
- Corneal topography;
- Anterior chamber analysis (slit lamp);
- Lens densitometry.
- Fundus camera
- Ocular aberrometer
- Corneal topographer
- Computerized perimeter
- Digital ocular tonometer
- Biomicroscopy (slit lamp)
- Visual acuity charts
- Colour and contrast sensitivity tests
- Amsler grid